Re: [RFI] Original message and replying

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Original message and replying
From: Michael Coslo <mjc5@psu.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 09:47:43 -0500
On Jan 23, 2012, at 1:12 AM, Roger (K8RI) wrote:

> On 1/22/2012 5:42 AM, Sam Morgan wrote:
>> or worse...
>> I get 1 line of new text,
>> and am clueless what it's referring back to
> That happens a lot.
> There was one yesterday and I've still not received the post to which he
> was replying.
> It just takes some common sense and it's difficult to convince some that
> these messages do not always arrive in order.  Some times they are way
> out of order and it'd difficult to make sense of them even with included
> text.  OTOH more than two RE's is plenty.  OTOH some times on long
> threads it's necessary to repeat the pertinent statements from the
> original to make sense.

My friend who never ever quoted anything, copled with the message latency that
happens, made for the occasional argument with new people who thought he was
being snarky because his reply was right under one of theirs in the thread, and
seemd to contradict or belittle what they posted.

-73 de Mike N3LI -