Re: [RFI] Antenna idea?

To: "'Rfi List'" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Antenna idea?
From: "N0RQ-lists" <n0rq-lists@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 17:02:53 -0600
My answer, Kurt, would be that there is no one answer to the polarity
question.

Depending on the noise source, it could be anything.
A brief 19-second video shows an example of why 'changeable' polarity is
important when tracking down noise sources:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMKYDQTSXkY

Agreed on using a vertical (2m or 70cm mode AM) on a car to get close to the
poles, and then a handheld Yagi (again 2m or 70cm, with HT in AM mode) to
make sure you narrow down the exact pole(s).

Dave N0RQ  www.powerlinenoise.com