Re: [RFI] Mystery cyclic buzzing

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Mystery cyclic buzzing
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 13:09:54 -0700
On 4/13/2012 11:27 AM, Scott Yost wrote:
> I think we need to do exactly this, and thus build a knowledge base of RFI
> sources to help narrow down our searches.

The "exactly this" that we all need to do is carefully poke around our
homes looking for noise sources. Virtually ALL equipment should be
considered a POSSIBLE noise source if it has a power supply, a
microprocessor, a digital clock, even an analog oscillator.  BATTERY
CHARGERS and WALL WARTS of all types are notorious sources of noise.
This isn't news unless you've ignored RFI for the last 10 years.

We don't need a catalog of "ths sounds like this" as much as we need an
awareness of the ubiquity of these noise sources.

73, Jim K9YC