Re: [RFI] Is a low pass filter necessary?

To: <rfi@contesting.com>, "Kim Elmore" <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Is a low pass filter necessary?
From: "Hardy Landskov" <n7rt@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 21:48:43 -0700
I have a 22KW BC station about 5.5 miles away from me and it turns the K3
into Hamburger until Sundown. I talked to N6KR at Visalia and he said I was
in a minority of people having this problem and putting additional filtering
on the front end would solve the problem. He is right but my FT1000D never
did it nor did my FT990. I have looked at the interior and IMHO it's just
poor grounding. So all that "buckshot" you might be hearing is not you
towers but the best radio ever made, did not do their homework very
well.....
N7RT