[RFI] Low cost UHF noise finder?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Low cost UHF noise finder?
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 06:57:35 -0400
I've been looking around (for days actually) trying to find an
inexpensive UHF AM receiver I can build or buy to augment my power
line tracking capabilities. It has to be very inexpensive and fully
portable (held in one hand). I wanted to build this:

http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Technology/tis/info/pdf/031112qex048.pdf

I was thinking about moving it higher in frequency as the author
suggests on the last page. But it seems most of the parts are now
obsolete and impossible to find. Rats!

Any suggestions for something similar that doesn't have that problem?

73,
Paul N1BUG