Re: [RFI] Signal on 433.875

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Signal on 433.875
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 22:25:58 -0500
On 11/15/2012 9:24 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
On 11/15/2012 6:11 PM, Roger (K8RI) wrote:
Had an intermittent signal that "apparently" has a digital component
show up on 433.875.  There is a LOT of STUFF being built/sold now days
that operates in that range. When actually looking there appears to be
multiple sources, most weak with only one strong one.

Any thoughts

What you said -- there are many consumer product being sold that uses
that spectrum at flea power. levels for all sorts of links -- everything
from weather stations to remote controls for systems of all sorts. My
guess is that those systems could be pretty susceptible to interference
too.  On the other hand, there may be ham users too, but they should be
identifying.

Yah, that's also in link territory. I have gone through types of "stuff" in there that could bother. Even if they abide by the rules 10 mW can be heard a long way, clear, line of sight. There is the new one, RFID tags and we are making the wile assumption that every one plays by the rules and keeps it to 10Mw.

73

Roger(K8RI)

73, Jim K9YC