Re: [RFI] Signal on 433.875

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Signal on 433.875
From: "KD7JYK DM09" <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 03:39:34 -0800
: They claim it operates at 433.92 MHz, which is only 45 kHz away from your
: RFI.  Their website shows:

Well, that is one option...  They operate within a wide ISDM band.  Do a
search for the 430 MHz ISDM band, I do not recall off the top of my head,
find the range, then search it on a scanning receiver, you will find stuff
throughout the range.  This afternoon, I monitored 433.925 for a range of
nearly 2,500 square miles.  Reception of Part 15 devices was nearly
continuous, even in areas where one would least expect it, ranges of 3/4
mile and more, AM and FM...  Far in excess of 300' or so claimed by
manufacturers.

Kurt