Re: [RFI] HDTV: Plasma vs LCD

To: RFI Reflector <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] HDTV: Plasma vs LCD
From: "qrv@kd4e.com" <qrv@kd4e.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 12:49:43 -0500
I wasn't going to pursue this but you know that curiosity
thing ...

I am guessing that each device will have a unique spectrum
vulnerability, and that may not be the same frequency at
which it is illegally broadcasting RFI.

Could be 160m or 20m or 6m or 440, etc.

The mode may make a difference as well.

Just speculating ...

This, of course, presumes that the owner is unavailable,
unidentified, and/or unwilling to do the right thing.

I've only been successful getting rid of nearby touch lamps using that method.

73, de ed -K0iL

Regardless of who you operate and where, point your beam at their TV until
they dispose of it.

If anyone knows of cases where that actually worked, I'm not aware
of it. My worst plasma TV produces S7 crud all over 6 meters, but
hundreds of hours blasting away in that direction with 1500 watts
was reported by the TV owner to be causing him no problems whatsoever.

73,
Paul N1BUG

--

Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com