Re: [RFI] Electrical transfomer near shack, a problem?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Electrical transfomer near shack, a problem?
From: Charlie Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 20:42:52 -0500
On 1/10/2013 Jim Brown wrote:

> Virtually all
> audio transformers used by hams are unshielded -- shielded transformers
> are used in pro audio (Jensen, of Burbank, CA is the Cadillac brand),
> but they aren't cheap.

Audio transformers?  Gee, don't you know that transformers degrade sound,
everything has to be direct output, and power cords have to be oxygen free
copper, do that last 36 inches makes a difference..... </sarcasm>

These days, hey, everything will be unbalanced, Op amp level impedance out and
in (low Z out, High Z in, and we wonder why we get RFI, hum etc...)

--
73 de KG2V - Charles Gallo
Quality Custom Machine-shop work for the radio amateur (sm)