Re: [RFI] "Fake" power supplies

To: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] "Fake" power supplies
From: Dale <svetanoff@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 00:30:18 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Roger,

The issue is not whether these devices are "fake" power supplies or fake
chargers - irrelevant.  If they have fake components and maybe faked UL and FCC
labels, then they are fakes as far as being products that are legitimate to
market in the USA.  The point being made was that the subject devices in the
article, just as the ones I have personally seen with omitted EMI components,
are being sold that way to make greater profits for someone.  Did you read the
article about the fake PFC coils?  That's the whole point here.

Yeah, they'll charge or power some gadget just fine.  The problem is that they
wipe out huge chunks of radio spectrum at the same time.  Those with faked UL
labels also present the possibility of safety issues, particularly fire or
shock hazard.

They are real, but they are NOT genuine Apple, Dell, whatever, items.

73, Dale
WA9ENA