Re: [RFI] Recommended All Band Receiver

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Recommended All Band Receiver
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 14:48:32 -0700
On 5/28/2013 1:03 PM, Frank N. Haas KB4T wrote:
With my luck I would bump the antenna connector (a lightweight 3.5
mm metal or plastic plug) and snap it off. It's not impossible but must be
undertaken with care.

I know of two companies that make decent quality 1/8-in male cable-mount connectors. The best are made by Switchcraft, and are large enough to accommodate RG58. The one made by Neutrik is a bit smaller, and I don't think that RG58 will fit the shell (although it would fit with the jacket removed). See my website for part numbers and good US vendors -- in the appendix on audio of the RFI tutorial, and the Power Point pdf on Interfacing computers to ham gear. With the Switchcraft connector, it's easy to make a good short cable adapter to BNC or UHF connector.

73, Jim K9YC