Re: [RFI] Recent RFI status - Direct TV and Dish?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Recent RFI status - Direct TV and Dish?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 12:23:41 -0700
On 8/26/2013 11:33 AM, Tim Duffy wrote:
Also, how about RFI problems associated with nearby transmitting antennas
that might cause RFI overload problems to the Dish or Direct TV systems - as in
TVI?

I would expect any issues to be the result of 1) noisy switching power supplies, 2) noise from the downlink electronics, and 3) common mode coupling on the coax (both TX and RX). and I would expect them to be easily solved by winding turns around ferrite cores. I had DirecTV in Chicago, and never had any issues, with antennas and DirecTV downlead in close proximity (5-25 ft). I don't remember if I did anything with chokes.

73, Jim K9YC