Re: [RFI] Recent RFI status - Direct TV and Dish?

To: "RFI reflector" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Recent RFI status - Direct TV and Dish?
From: "Dave Hachadorian" <k6ll.dave@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 12:51:53 -0700
I've had DirecTV for about 10 years, and never had any noticeable issue with RFI from or to my own installation. I can blast away with 1500 watts in a densely populated neighborhood, with no complaints. My neighbors have a mix of DirecTV, Dish, and Cable, and I haven't had any complaints from them, except in one instance. In that case, my neighbor, who had DirecTV with a landline phone connection (required at that time to order pay-per-view) complained of RFI to all of her phones. It turned out that the DirecTV receiver was rectifying the RF, and putting out garbled audio onto the phone line. A Radio Shack version of the K-COM filter at the DirecTV receiver totally solved that problem.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Big Bear Lake, CA