Re: [RFI] Found the every few second beep on 80

To: Charles Gallo <charlie@thegallos.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Found the every few second beep on 80
From: Jeff Stevens <jeff@mossycup.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 09:29:43 -0400
Charles,

There is a Remstar Plus I happen to have access to.  As an exercise in
curiosity I pulled it out to see if I could recreate your findings
regarding beeping every two seconds.  What frequency or frequencies
are you hearing the beeping?  After going through the entire 80m band
with my Yupiteru MVT-7100 in USB I see wideband noise, but no
intermittent beeping.  The bottom of this unit describes the device as
"REMstar Plus Domestic" model 1005960.  Do you have the same model?
Are you using any additional accessories such as a heating element?
Are you using the internal power supply hooked directly up to mains or
do you have an external supply?  The unit appears to have options for
both.

Regarding the wide band noise, it's only when I have the antenna
within a few inches of the device.  Not sure that's really radiated RF
or not.  Anyway, just trying to recreate your findings as it's
somewhat of an unusual device for multiple people to have access to.

-Jeff
W7WWA