Re: [RFI] choking the service line

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] choking the service line
From: Aaron Kreider <aaron@campusactivism.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 19:17:03 -0400
Has anyone ever tried covering the service line with tin foil, foil tape, or conduit? That'd probably provide the best attenuation other than burying it.

Does anyone make a snap-on conduit?

If you had to guess, what range of impedances would a service line like have at 2-6 mhz? Could it easily be as high as 500 or more ohms? I think my power line/service line might be resonating at 2.3 mhz (and possibly also around 3.2 mhz). Presumably where it resonates, it'd have the lowest impedance and best chances of ferrite suppression.

Aaron