[RFI] Deja BUZZZ.. vu

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Deja BUZZZ.. vu
From: "Ron, K6KYJ" <k6kyj@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 23:00:31 -0700 (PDT)
My old friend is back.  My previous posts were under the subject 'The Ninet=
een Hour Noise' or something like that.  The RFI came on and stayed on--wit=
h timer cycles--for a full herbal leafy plant growing cycle.  Then, I had a
nice brea=
k of several months which nearly seduced me into putting ham radio antennas=
back up in the air.

That thought is now gone.  For the record, I use two frequencies for benchm=
ark measurements, 7.1 and 10.1 MHz.  While the noise is across the spectrum=
, these two points seem to reflect peaks in intensity.

I often get suggestions on how to build filters for the growers to use. To =
me, that is sort of like asking the person who has a gun pointed at your he=
ad to try the new silencer you just built.  Here in my part of the world, e=
very single arrest for commercial pot growing has included the recove=
ry of numerous weapons, including automatic firearms. Years ago, when we fi=
rst moved into this neighborhood, drug dealers poisoned three of our dogs. =
They were never caught.

This time around, I am supplying all of my RFI directional finding data to =
the sheriff.

I will follow up on this post now and then.

K6KYJ, Chico CA