Re: [RFI] RFI-ing myself

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI-ing myself
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:28:42 -0700
On 9/30/2013 10:28 AM, Charlie Gallo wrote:
You missed, or I miss wrote - I pulled the cable from the airport, but LEFT it
on the stereo - no problem then

I didn't miss it at all, but you're missing my point. Every interconnecting cable combines with whatever it is connected to to form the antenna. So when you unplug it from one end you are simply shortening it. So try the dummy and see what happens.

The logic is simple -- if you hear the RFI with the dummy in line, the problem is on the receiving end of the signal flow. If you don't, it's somewhere upstream.

there are LOTS of reports of Airports picking up even FM >>broadcast

I agree that this suggests that the Airport is the culprit, and that audio
output jack sure looks like a Pin One Problem. :)

73, Jim K9YC