Re: [RFI] ARRL to FCC...

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] ARRL to FCC...
From: "Ray, W4BYG" <w4byg@att.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 21:00:08 -0400
Just a comment about the prospective "load impedance" issue mentioned.  It
has been my experience that the utility power system for the house has a
much lower source impedance than any portable inverter.

I've had occasion to test such with commercial 1 KVA to 7 KVA double
conversion UPS's made by Staco, Powerware, Triplite and Best.  The UPS's all
revealed a higher output impedance than the utility power.

I would conclude any RFI coming back to the AC supply would be noticeably
worse with an inverter or UPS that it would be with the utility source.

Ray, W4BYG

"The Republic can survive a fool for a president...  It is less likely to
survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their president."