Re: [RFI] Link-coupled loop - more.

To: David Robbins <k1ttt@verizon.net>, Rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Link-coupled loop - more.
From: "Kenneth G. Gordon" <kgordon2006@frontier.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2014 07:56:50 -0700
On 2 Apr 2014 at 6:17, David Robbins wrote:

> the odd bearings may be a different source that just sounds the same.  that
> would also explain not getting great nulls in some spots.

I had thought the same thing.

However, last night, I tried something else which someone had suggested
here: I moved, slightly, the position of the last bearing we took about 8 feet
further to the west. Doing so made this "odd" bearing swing around to in line
with the 4 "good" bearings.

Obviously, something nearby was causing the ambiguity and by moving,
even slightly, the position where I took the bearing resolved the "oddness".

I was surprised, but pleased.

I think the reason may have been the overhead wires from the pole to our
home, which were only about 10 feet above the loop until I moved further
towards the street.

Ken W7EKB