Re: [RFI] Question for all and ARRL

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Question for all and ARRL
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 14:21:20 -0600
It would be nice if the ARRL would ask their Attorney about question 1,
and post the response here in addition to anyone who might be an
attorney speaking out.

I doubt the ARRL's legal counsel would issue an opinion as to question 1. I'm an attorney but you're dealing with matters of both federal and state law -- and they sometimes conflict with one another. Just because your state may allow certain use of a controlled substance for medicinal purposes does not automatically mean you can aide in the production of a controlled substance. You may not think your involvement with RFI filtering is aiding, but the law may state otherwise.

Rendering an opinion on a state law matter must come from an attorney licensed in the state of the matter in question. Any state-licensed attorney can potentially answer questions of federal law. I would seek an Oregon-licensed attorney to answer this question.

Paul, W9AC

---
is active.