Re: [RFI] Utility coming tomorrow to chase RFI

To: "'qrv@kd4e.com'" <qrv@kd4e.com>, RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Utility coming tomorrow to chase RFI
From: "EDWARDS, EDDIE J" <eedwards@oppd.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 18:25:03 +0000
Any transmission line that is conducting RF noise will do this on HF.
Transmission lines conduct the noise on the power line away from the noise
source--for miles in many cases.  And it can induce the noise into other nearby
powerlines in some cases.

You'll also notice if you track along parallel the transmission line, you will
see standing waves with peaks and nulls along the power line.  If you are using
a yagi, you'll notice where there are peaks on the vertical, there is also a
null on the horizontal-- and vice versa.