[RFI] Zapped

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Zapped
From: Leonard Halvorsen <lhalvors@pppl.gov>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 12:56:58 -0500
*Might only be the power-supply, not actual RF.*
*I have a SHARP Micro-Nuker.*
*I can hear it on the 162 Mc. Wx Channels.*
*My  BROTHER  ANSWERING/FAX/COPIER MACHINE  puts quite a few spikes on 2
Meters,*
*with 2 or 3 BIG ones. The Scanning Head on top of the machine is the
culprit.*
*Had a touch-on/off lite that was really bad when the light was OFF.*
*Touch it to turn it on, and the noise went away.*
*Fish Tank heater was bad, too. Thermostat arced a few seconds prior to
full-on.*

*Leo.*
*WA2AMW*

 Greetings:

We just came to the conclusion that it is NOT
our ISP which is dive bombing us - - - after
8 years in this home.

Our &^#@!➸☄★ Panasonic microwave disconnects
our network from our computers.

We bought a new, dual band router with ZERO
improvement.  Also, cannot use a cell phone within
10 feet or so.

Will wrapping the power cord around some ferrites
solve this?

Otherwise, a nice microwave.  Hate to just toss
it.  Was thinking it might endanger someone visiting
with a pacemaker? ?

Warren
W7WY