Re: [RFI] Invisible Dog Fence

To: Mike Ryan <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Invisible Dog Fence
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 08:42:15 -0400
Hi Mike,

I actually installed one 3 years ago and it is actually installed above
ground on top of my chain link fence.  I operate 160 meters and could hear
it on 160 meters (and had the power level turned down a considerable
amount).  Then I installed some radio shack cores on each leg of the loop
as it exited the transmitter (22 turns per core) and this fixed my problem
on 160 meters.  I can still hear it if I listen down around 600 kHz and
below.  My invisible fence transmits at approximately 8 kHz as I recall.  I
helped neighbor install identical system underground 5 feet from my
property line and have no problems with his system on 160 meters.

Side note : I actually analyzed the signal and made (designed and built) my
own transmitter to mimic the 8 but code it transmits as a back up to the
original transmitter in case the original transmitter ever fails.

73,
Don