Re: [RFI] What I use to find Interference Sources

To: <n0tt1@juno.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] What I use to find Interference Sources
From: "Ed K0iL" <eddieedwards@centurylink.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 14:18:30 -0600
Charlie,

In southeast Nebraska, RFI complaints from non-hams include cable TV
companies/customers, FAA, and telephone customers who are ignored by their
telephone companies, and finally a few AM radio listeners.  Oh, and a garage
door owner was a new one last year!  We determined it might be a grow light
in the area, but it went quite right after we found the house with the
source.

Over the last few years the Cox Cable complaints are more frequent than ham
complaints, and the RI techs prefer the Cox complaints the best because
their techs have already narrowed it down to the pole for us.  All we do is
determine the hardware to be replaced.

73,
 de ed -K0iL