Re: [RFI] ARRL Board of Directors resolution related to FCC enforcement

To: "jim@audiosystemsgroup.com" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] ARRL Board of Directors resolution related to FCC enforcement of radio-interference issues
From: "Hare, Ed W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 11:27:18 +0000
I don't think that we will ever know the percentage of fines collected, Jim,
but for most of the people involved, the fining process probably involves
lawyers and a major hassle, and that alone may be somewhat of a deterrent.

Do we know what percentage of traffic fines are collected? I don't, but I still
see getting a ticket as a deterrent to the way I would otherwise drive.

Ed