Re: [RFI] RFI With Smoke Detectors

To: "'Stan Zawrotny'" <k4sbz.stan@gmail.com>, "RFI@contesting.com" <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI With Smoke Detectors
From: "EDWARDS, EDDIE J" <eedwards@oppd.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 20:32:30 +0000
" I disconnected the smoke detector in my office and the smoke detector in
the foyer began to chirp. Because they are RF connected, another one in a
distant part of the house also chirps."
...and...
"433.93 MHz is one frequency used by smoke detectors."

Are they supposed to chirp when another detector is removed or disabled?

Does this mean they are in constant or periodic communications with one
another?

Is more than one frequency being used to intercommunicate between detectors?

Do they have an internal or external antenna on the units?

Have you contacted the vendor about this RFI?

You have a somewhat unusual configuration compared to most that just install
battery operated, independent units.

73, de ed -K0iL