Re: [RFI] RFI cured with 1/4 wave wire

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI cured with 1/4 wave wire
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 20:05:30 -0800
Jim,

I DID answer the question -- it simply requires some thinking based on what I said. And what I said was not "opinion," it was a digest of how things work.

FWIW, I didn't think much of your response either, but I was trying to be nice.

BTW -- I know quite a bit about coax and stubs. Fifty years ago, I taught a transmission lines course at DeVry, and a transmission line matching method for broadbanding an 80M dipole was the subject of my undergraduate thesis at the Univ of Cincinnati.

See k9yc.com/Coax-Stubs.pdf   and http://k9yc.com/LocatingStubs.pdf

Nobel laureate K1JT heard my presentation of the material in the first link at Pacificon several years ago and told me it was excellent. The Power Point is also on the website. The second link was published in National Contest Journal last year.

73, Jim K9YC