Re: [RFI] RFI via Florescent Lights

To: Charles Coldwell <coldwell@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI via Florescent Lights
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 02:59:26 -0400
These would have been new around 2000 to 2002, "I think"

73,

Roger  (K8RI)

On 4/7/2016 Thursday 7:24 AM, Charles Coldwell wrote:
On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 3:17 PM, Roger (K8RI) <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com> wrote:
They've been up there so long I don't remember the ballast specs. They are
about 2 X 1 X 6 inches and heavy.
Sounds like magnetic ballasts.

I had to replace a bunch of magnetic ballasts in my basement; they
were oozing potting material.  I discovered that many of them contain
PCBs, which has made safe disposal challenging.  The date codes on GE
ballasts will tell you if they contain PCB-insulated capacitors.

http://www.gelighting.com/LightingWeb/na/images/GE-PCB-Containing-Fluorescent-Lamp-Ballasts_tcm201-33708.pdf

---