Re: [RFI] 15 M Noise follow up

To: "reflector RFI" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] 15 M Noise follow up
From: "Dave Hachadorian" <k6ll.dave@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2016 07:47:26 -0700
He is probably using a Commercial Ballast instead of a Residential Ballast.

You could get an electrician to replace his ballast. Both types are available at Home Depot or Lowes. The residential ones have lower EMI.

You could also get an electrician to install some of the $9.99 LED bulbs shown on this page:
https://www.earthled.com/collections/t8-t12-led-fluorescent-replacement-tube-lights-that-bypass-ballast-rewire

These bulbs use NO ballast. You just wire 115 VAC line and neutral to the two socket pins at one end of the bulb. These work great, and look great, using only 18 watts per bulb. I have installed several of these for myself and W7WW.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

-----Original Message----- From: Mike Wetzel