Re: [RFI] ebay line filters

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] ebay line filters
From: "KD7JYK DM09" <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 18:23:07 -0700
"standing waves. If you happen to have a fairly long cable, it is possible
you can identify certain nodes and nulls along its length based of the 1/4
wavelength of the emission. If it is broadband RF however, you may not be
able to diagnose this."

A sooner, rather than later plan is to build a chamber of some sort probably
an adequately sized TEM cell and use an SDR receiver to study items within
across a wide range.  I have Singer and Marconi spectrum analyzers, but I am
finding them bulky (Singer, 220#) and limited compared to some of the SDR
work I'm seeing out there.

I think with the SDR and adequate probes I can trace noise to a fraction of
an inch or individual traces.

Kurt