[RFI] Local RFI...

To: Rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Local RFI...
From: "Kenneth G. Gordon" <kgordon2006@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2016 12:33:31 -0700
Well, I am requesting advice from the group: I recently reinstalled my 57 foot
vertical here
(1/2 of a W3DZZ dipole set on end, with radials), after finally completing the
addition to our
home which required the antenna's removal.

Since I have put the antenna back in operation, I am finding some "interesting"
RFI issues.

For one, the arc-fault interrupter (I hate those things!!!) in our new bedroom
keeps tripping
whenever I am on 40 meters, and my wife's computer loses contact with its
keyboard, and
sometimes the mouse, when I am on 20 meters. In addition, my wife's computer
monitor
shows interference.

Yet my own computer which is in the same office, doesn't appear to be being
bothered.

In fact, the stupid AFI tripped when I was operating on 40 meters even with my
temporary
low dipole.

So, advice? Suggestions? Stab in the eye with a sharp stick? Go away, Kid, you
bother me?

Ken W7EKB

---