Re: [RFI] Local RFI...

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Local RFI...
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 15:46:43 -0700
On Mon,9/5/2016 1:55 PM, Kenneth G. Gordon wrote:
Hmmm...funny you should mention that: for some time, the GFCI at our basement
washing
machine would trip off every time I was on 40 meters, but I got that fixed.

When I bought my 100 year old house in Chicago, I remodeled it, replacing a lot of wiring. I bought a box of GFCIs (don't recall the brand) and after installing them everywhere that Code required them, I had a few left over. One of them, in an upstairs bathroom about 10 ft under the feedpoint of my 80/40 dipole, tripped a lot. I replaced it with another unit from the same batch and replacement never tripped. So don't overlook the possibility that the one that's tripping happens to be the result of poor QC.

73, Jim K9YC