Re: [RFI] Regular birdies

To: Gary@ka1j.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Regular birdies
From: dalej <dj2001x@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2016 17:17:46 -0500
How strong is strong?

How far apart are the birdies?

Can you post a P3 screen capture?

Dale, K9VUJ

On 02, Oct 2016, at 17:09, Gary Smith <Gary@ka1j.com> wrote:

Unfortunately, these birdies are not from
within this house.

I killed the power to the house, ran the
12V equipment, the K3s and P3 from a
battery and they still come out just as
strong on both the vertical and the HI-Z 8
element. There are some directions the
HI-Z kills the birdies in.

What is difficult for me to picture is,
direction-wise, they seem to have a strong
signal coming from the west but to the
west is nothing but marsh, ocean, a
peninsula, more salt water and finally an
airport a couple miles away.

http://tinyurl.com/jbac8wv

Since this appears to come from a power
supply or some electronic device and most
likely close by, I'm at a loss. My nearest
neighbors aren't the type to let someone
into their house to sniff the air and I'm
not going to deal with them at this point.
What might be a workable but expensive
solution is to find a NCC-1 and use both
the 8 element HI-Z and the 3 element HI-Z
to null out the interference.

Now to see if I can find a used NCC-1 at a
reasonable price.

The beat goes on.

73,

Gary