Re: [RFI] Dang

To: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Dang
From: Jim Stahl via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 21:01:34 -0400
Not exacly an RFI issue, other than a reason to listen to AM radio:

My baseball fan wife was watching a World Series game on Fox coming via AT&T
UVerse, while listening to the local Cleveland Indians announcers on the local
AM radio station. There was a 30 second delay between the AM radio broadcast
and the TV feed - often enough for two pitches to happen on the radio before it
happened on TV!

Out of curiosity I switched a different TV to watch the local Fox station off
the air: there was still a 15 second delay from the action on the radio.

The moral is, if you only want to watch the interesting action, listen on the
radio and then look up at the TV if something happens. And don’t take any bets
from a guy with an earpiece in a sports bar if he wants to bet that the next
pitch will be a home run.

73  -  Jim   K8MR