Re: [RFI] RFI from CATV line amps?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI from CATV line amps?
From: Parker Dinkins <parker@masterdigital.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 15:02:39 -0600
Down on the corner from me is a distribution amplifier for cable television.

They were using PVC conduit from the meter loop to their switching power supply
charger for the standby power system in the box. The RF from the switching
power supply was radiating from the black and white THHN 12 gauge wires.

Took a lot of work to get them to replace the PVC with EMT. Apparently they put
in all of their distribution amplifiers this way. I wouldn't be surprised if
it's like this in other areas of the country.

The difference with your situation is that here the EMC was continuous, and the
function of these installations is only to distribute cable video.

Parker W5ADD