Re: [RFI] RFI from CATV line amps?

To: k3lr@k3lr.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI from CATV line amps?
From: HankP <pfizenmayer@q.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 16:49:22 -0500 (EST)
Tim - Thats the frequency range for reverse path from customer to the company -
(sometimes up to 100 or 200 in some systems) but probably a bad coax shield
break somewhere .Not sure of the technology today but I was in a RF Module
group at Moto Semi and we built millions of CATV hybrids for people LIke SA and
Magnavox and CCor et al . The amps themselves were broadband push pull
cascodes. Transformer coupled in and out . I have no idea what they are using
the reverse path for anymore and at the time all the power supplies were linear
- not switchers but I suspect thats all changed. .At any rate it SHOULD be all
bottled up. GL with cable company - hope its better than COX here in Phoenix.
73 Hank K7HP ----- Original Message -----