Re: [RFI] Nasty strong noise

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Nasty strong noise
From: "Sandro D'Onofrio" <sandro@i7ale.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 22:09:31 +0100

Thanks to the friends who have replied to my request for help.

I am glad to say that with the help of a Tecsun PL 660 I could easily find the
source of the noise. It is the elevator of my building!
I was walking in the street around my building, but everywhere the noise was
weaker than at home. Then I came back, and I had the PL660 still switched on
when I entered in the elevator. All was silent, but in the very moment tha
cabin started moving there was an “explosion” of the  noise, very very strong.
It lasted exactly till the moment the cabin sopped at my floor.  Going up and
down GF/6th F a couple of times confirmed the result.
A good start is  50% of the work, they say. I will get in touch with the firm
responsible for the maintenance and assistance of our elevator, and I am sure
(or, at least, I strongly hope) that the second 50% will be as easy and quick
as the first one.

Ciao to all
Sandro, i7ALE

---