Re: [RFI] A note from Sangean about switching power supplies

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] A note from Sangean about switching power supplies
From: Cortland Richmond <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2017 09:27:43 -0500
On 1/7/2017 9:03 AM, Howard Lester wrote:
I came across this little note in the Cautions section. I didn’t know about the
“background” cited, and I do find Sangean very responsible to print this.

Ten Tec back in the analog days warned users to keep transceiver power supplies away from the rigs, as the radiated magnetic fields would frequency modulate the PTO's.

I had a Triton II that would slightly change my frequency every time I drove over rebar or turned a corner. Not a fault of a power supply of course.

More recently, Elecraft had an optional modification kit to shield PTO cores from external fields.

Cortland Richmond
KA5S