Re: [RFI] LED lights and RFI

To: Chuck Gooden <Chuck.Gooden@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] LED lights and RFI
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 08:03:05 -0500
I installed 6" recessed Dimmable 120 Vac LED lights in family room a year
ago (Lowe's Utilitech 65 Watt equivalent), and no problem with RFI until I
installed and tested 2 different dimmers designed for LED lights (I know
one brand was Lutron) and the packaging on the dimmers said something about
being designed to prevent RFI emission.  Both dimmers I tested generated
RFI, with one being worse in the AM broadcast band, and the other was worst
up in the 160 meter band.  Also the RFI is most serve when the Dimmers are
adjusted for low level of light.

Just FYI,
Don (wd8dsb)