[RFI] Material 75 vs Material 31 Ferrites for EMI

To: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Subject: [RFI] Material 75 vs Material 31 Ferrites for EMI
From: Chuck Gooden <Chuck.Gooden@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 14:10:07 -0600

Fair-Rite has introduced a new low frequency material (#75), I was wondering if someone could comment if this new material would be better that #31 for EMI suppression. According to the Fair-rite web site, #75 shows a higher impedance at lower frequencies than #31 but above ~2 Mhz the impedance drops off. While the impedance of #31 seems to continue to increase and the frequency goes up.

I am planning on ordering some snap-it cores to reduce the noise from switch mode power supplies, and other sources, I am experiencing on HF bands. I have already read the documents on the K9YC web site but there was no info on the new material. I am tempted to stay with #31 due to it's long time use.

Thanks,

Chuck K9LC