Re: [RFI] white noise starting at 3780 and up

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] white noise starting at 3780 and up
From: Larry Benko <xxw0qe@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 09:42:12 -0600
Rob,

Take a look at http://www.w0qe.com/RF_Interference/spectrum_display_rfi_tracking.html

I built a setup that works great for tracking via spectrum display. Tom, W0IVJ and I did exactly this with Century Link. I can drive around nearly every neighborhood and find this signature of the VDSL2 uplink channel between about 3800-5100kHz. With "good" installations the amplitude is lower and with "bad" installations the amplitude can be heard for quite a distance. There is a limit to the minimum amplitude that can be obtained which is not low enough in my opinion.

Larry, W0QE