Re: [RFI] What I want for Christmas with regards to RFI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] What I want for Christmas with regards to RFI
From: Martin Kratoska <martin@ok1rr.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 09:27:46 +0200
Too pricey for me - how many times would I use it? Considering to use the RTL SDR, the 'el cheapo' one.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/100KHz-1-7GHz-Full-band-UV-HF-RTL-SDR-USB-Tuner-Receiver-R820T-8232-Ham-Radio/201258847047?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

73,
Martin, OK1RR

Dne 17.7.2017 v 06:23 Jim Brown napsal(a):
On 7/16/2017 3:35 PM, qrv@kd4e.com wrote:
A possibly more likely scenario might be the ARRL
negotiating a steeply-discounted package price

The original SDRPlay RSP-1 goes out the door for $100. The newer RSP-2 sells for $170. It has more bells and whistles and is said to have a "shielded layer inside the case." Software is free. I fail to see the need for a "steeply discounted package price." The RSP-1 is more than adequate for spectrum-snooping. Besides -- the folks who design, build, and sell this stuff deserve to make a fair profit, and we want them to still be in biz when we want support or when we want to buy more.

Coalition of private and public entities? Sounds like a political ad. :)

73, Jim K9YC