Re: [RFI] RFI In My Shack

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI In My Shack
From: "Dave Cole (NK7Z)" <dave@nk7z.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2017 09:49:26 -0800
Let me guess, you are using an Off Center fed dipole, or some sort of asymmetrical antenna If not what is your transmit setup.

73s and thanks,
Dave
NK7Z
http://www.nk7z.net

On 12/02/2017 09:25 AM, Joe wrote:
A little different question.  Perhaps some suggestions here:

I have a new amplifier in the shack, a Drake L7, that is being used in place
of a European version of the Henry 2K D Classic.

The Henry ripped the shreds out my sound system's sub-woofer, both in the
Home theater room and in the den.

I collect and restore Drake equipment and acquired this L7 amplifier with a
modified power supply.  (Has a Peter Dahl transformer that outputs 3600
volts, instead of 2600.

In any case, the Henry has never affected anything else in the house.

The L7, however, is another story.  It is 'clean' in the shack:  I.E.: No RF
in the shack.

But, somehow it is getting RF into the network, via the net cable, and it is
smoking the net board in my HP, all-in-one color laser printer.  I have had
to replace the net board already as the RF is literally shorting out
components on the board.  Fortunately, the board is inexpensive, but a bit
of a bother to replace it.

My question to the group:  Is there any way to filter/stop/shield the
network cabling from RF, to keep it from getting into the printer?

Thanks in advance.

Joe - W7RKN