[RFI] Question about excess cable length & RFI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Question about excess cable length & RFI
From: Greg Newberry <greg@obillow.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 19:33:44 -0700
Hello all,

I've been following the forum for a while and learning a great deal about RF, RFI, etc. So I'm in the process of cleaning up my ham shack. Putting in a SPG (single point ground) and in general, being pro-active about RFI.

One thing I'm not sure of; what should I do with the excess length of power cords. i.e. A 6ft cord on my computer, but it's only two feet to the outlet. Extra length on wall warts, audio cables etc. ?

Coil them up, bunch them up? I don't really want to cut them all down to length, as I do move things around.

Thanks in advance,
Greg
WB7DUO