Re: [RFI] Question about excess cable length & RFI

To: Greg Newberry <greg@obillow.com>, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Question about excess cable length & RFI
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 03:37:15 -0500
Thanks Greg.

I had a complete set of Hallicrafters equipment out in the shop http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/boat8.htm ; #11 down from the top, right under the cat photos.  Streak was one big cat. I'd fall asleep on the couch and wake to find him laying on my chest with his nose nearly touching mine. I'd open my eyes to see those big green eyes looking into mine. Once he knew there was someone at home "in there", he'd get up and lay down beside me. I have to admit that waking with an 18# cat laying on my chest could make it a bit difficult to breathe.  Man, but I miss that cat. Lost him to cancer a few years ago.  I think he was 16 or 17.  Only cat I ever had that tried to teach me how to catch mice.  Wish I shot some photos of that.

Ah yes, winter gear<:-)  That den/hamshack was 21 X 13 in the basement. There was a 4500 watt heater in the E wall, but I never used it. T could run all HF bands plus 50, 144, and 440.  50 and 144 were all mode, but 440 was just FM.  All could be operated and the HF antennas could be switched between rigs.

After getting home from work, I fire up the rigs and stretch out on the couch and listen to CW conversations.  Within an hour, I'd need to open the door because the room would get a bit too warm. I probably used that KWS-1, 75A4 more than the newer rigs.

73, Roger (K8RI)