Re: [RFI] Lighting grow cycle of Pot...

To: "Dave Cole (NK7Z)" <dave@nk7z.net>, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Lighting grow cycle of Pot...
From: Tom Thompson <w0ivj@tomthompson.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 09:40:01 -0700
Dave,

From what have observed, the lights are on continually for about two weeks and then a 12 hours on / 12  hours off until harvest which can take a number of months.  Depending on the setup, the lights are off for a week or so while a new crop is planted, and then the cycle repeats.  To get the latest, just google cannabis grow cycle.  See: https://www.leafly.com/news/growing/marijuana-plant-growth-stages

73,   Tom   W0IVJ

On 2/21/2018 7:11 AM, Dave Cole (NK7Z) wrote:
Hello,

Can someone refresh my memory here...  I believe there is a cycle of light timing pot growers use on something like a 12 or 13 weeks period where they go from 18 hours of light to 12 hours of light...  Does someone know what this cycle is, and why?

I ask because my RFI has taken a turn for the worse, 12 weeks after it started...

Yesterday, it changed from a 12:45 AM start time and a 6:45 PM end time, to a 6:45 PM  to 12:45 PM the next day end time.  This followed a few days of no RFI.  I suspect harvest time is upon the grower causing RFI, and I want to avoid handing him his "Welcome" packet during harvest as there will probably be lots of people there...