Re: [RFI] Leased Solar Panels: Operator Responsibility?

To: "Hare, Ed W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Leased Solar Panels: Operator Responsibility?
From: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 19:01:42 +0000
In the spirit of the FCC rules (I don't want to spend the time looking up
the legalize of the wording in 47 CFR), the FCC holds the "System
Integrator" responsible for the EMC/RFI solution.  If the equipment is
rented, the rentee is the entity that assembled the equipment from many
sources to offer, for rent, a complete solar system.  Therefore, the rentee
is responsible for the EMC/RFI solution.

I ain't no lawyer.  However, I've worked in the EMC/RFI field for some 30
years addressing and solving problems and regulatory issues in a world-wide
capacity.  I still consult in the field.

Dave - WØLEV

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 6:17 PM, Hare, Ed W1RFI <w1rfi@arrl.org> wrote:

> In general terms, those that can exert control over a system are the
> operators. This could include things like the ability to turn it off if
> interference occurs or even would probably be extended in the minds of
> regulators to include the people who make the decision to allow this
> operation to occur on property they otherwise fully control.
>
> Ed, W1RFI

*Dave - WØLEV*
*Just Let Darwin Work*
*Just Think*