Re: [RFI] Solar Panel RFI Video

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Solar Panel RFI Video
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 15:34:58 -0400
On 7/14/2018 2:43 AM, Randy Standke wrote:
Most of the SolarEdge house rewire jobs I have had around me solved the
problem on the first attempt.  One took about four visits before it was
finally solved.  On that final visit an engineer from SolarEdge came out.
He discovered that they missed a couple of the optimizers.  Even one
unfiltered optimizer will cause RFI 100s of feet away.  So, keep after them
since they probably missed at least one optimizer.

Randy:

I've been in touch with Solar Edge field tech Tom Simpson who will be flying in from the west coast to inspect the work. He thinks the installers missed something which, as you mentioned, isn't the first time this happened. He tells me he's handled many cases and said the noise will be gone once he finds the issue.

Will keep you posted.

Tony -K2MO