Re: [RFI] Solar Panel RFI Video

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Solar Panel RFI Video
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 16:00:51 -0400
Dave:

Have you tried contacting Tefford Reed at: Tefford.Reed@solaredge.com or Tom Simpson at: Tom.Simpson@solaredge.com? They are the field techs that handle RFI cases. I've been in touch with them since February and they always respond. If you don't get a response, I'll send a message in your behalf.

> You may have to borrow a calibrated signal generator

I don't have one but I may know someone who does.

> regulations are written in terms of dBuV/m

I understand the regulations require specific units of measurement. However, since I'm working directly with the engineers, I'd rather not open up a can of worms and let it be known that their installation can generate a certain level of dbuv/m. I've made it clear to that I will NOT accept any noise and to that, their engineers assured me that they can eliminate it altogether as they've done in the past.

In addition to RFI suppression that's already installed, the may add metal conduit to shield the cables coming off the solar panels. Another thing they plan to do is check the grounding.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks Dave.

Tony -K2MO