Re: [RFI] LED bulb replacements for use in existing florescent fixtures

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] LED bulb replacements for use in existing florescent fixtures
From: "John K9UWA" <john@johnjeanantiqueradio.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 16:48:43 -0500
I didn't have this problem that Dale had with the ThinkLux LED Direct wire
bulbs in
our workshop 16 x 24 feet with 6 recessed 2 bulb fixtures and 4 more in the
garage. The shop lights are all on one switch. I do have  .01 disc capacitors
in
each of those fixtures from each side of the AC line to the
Ground-Bare-Green-Wire. Those caps I put in years ago and helped slightly with
the noise from the Ballasts and old Florescent bulbs. Maybe they made the
difference for me vs the problem that Dale observed when he chained his
fixtures?
John k9uwa

> I have found that when I replaced all the shop lights with LED shop lights
> they
> were quiet until I chained them, then they were noisy.  I would recommend to
> plug each shoplight into individual light sockets and not chain them together,
> plugging one into the next then the last one into an outlet, that generates
> noise and probably because of the antenna effect of them plugged in to each
> other.
>
> just my .02
>
> Dale, K9VUJ

John Goller, K9UWA & Jean Goller, N9PXF